Saturday, August 6, 2011

busy, busy, busy

I envisioned our weeks before Little Guy starts Kindergarten to be slow and refreshing . . . wrong!  Swim lessons, birthday parties, friends in town - that's been our week.  It's been fun though.  Little Guy is swimming well and Sweet Girl thinks she can swim a bit better than she can!  She is fearless!

The worst part of the week has definitely been some unwelcome house guests, not my friend, Christy, who was in town, but much smaller, blacker, and gross-er ones.  If you read my post a few days ago, you'll remember that I woke up to a pinch from an earwig.  At 6:30am Friday morning, Sweet Girl screamed in her sleep.  She was fine, but of course, it woke me up.  I thought, "oh, something is tickling my arm."  Can you even believe it was another earwig?  What are the odds that would happen to me twice in one week?  Am I giving off some sort of attractive scent for them?  Our house has now been hosed down in Ortho Home Defense!!  I couldn't bring myself to sleep in our bed last night, but after a night of tossing and turning on the couch, I think I'm going to brave it tonight!

We've been trying to soak up these days with Little Guy before he starts Kindergarten (sniff, sniff).  I really didn't think I'd be emotional about it, but I have been sad, nervous, excited, scared.  I have so many questions the first of which is "Have we done enough to prepare him?". 

This was a fun Little Guy moment today . . . Blair and I scoured the house from top to bottom.  Little Guy played a game of Mario Kart right before his rest time.  I was feeling very thankful for Blair for helping me clean, so I said, "Little Guy, do you know you have the best dad in the world?"  He said, "yes, mommy, I already know that."  I wasn't satisfied, so I wanted to reinforce the point.  I said, "not all daddies help mommies clean the house.  Your daddy is special."  He said, "I know that Mommy.  You've made that very clear."  Writing it out it sounds a little sassy, but he honestly just knows that he has an amazing daddy.  You also wonder where in the world they pick up these phrases. "You've made that clear." doesn't sound like something I say a lot, but you never know.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah - There is also a mattress spray that I got when I had bedbugs that you could try. Also can be found at Home Depot and should be fairly near the Home Defense stuff I think. Good luck! :) - Kim

    ReplyDelete