Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yes, Drill Sargeant!

Do you feel like some days you are just barking out orders all day long?  I felt like that from the second I got the kids up to the second I put them down.  We were under a time crunch this morning because today was the first morning of our women's Bible study at church that I've mentioned before.  Sweet Girl and I had to be there at 9am and USUALLY the bus picks Little Guy up at 8:21 (yes, very specific).  So, it was . . .

"hurry up and finish your breakfast" (This is after 3 bowls of Cheerios. Something about school is drastically improving our Little Guy's appetite.)
"get your toothbrush ready"
"yes, you can put on your Buzz Lightyear costume when you get home from school"
"come here!  let me put your bow in your hair!"
 
Then he informs me that he'd really like me to take him to school in the car today, because his little bus buddy wasn't going to be riding in the morning.  I thought what the heck?  I'll drop him off at 8:30 and swing by Dunkin Donuts before Bible study - win, win, right? Well, I should have learned that you have to be very selective about the truths your 5 year old is telling you.  Usually you are lucky to get 2/3s of the real story.  His bus buddy was riding the bus today, and actually, her mom texted me (while I was in the car line at school) asking if Little Guy was okay.  Sheesh!

And what do you think happened just as we're getting ready to get into the car to leave?  If you guessed that Sweet Girl pooped, you'd be correct!  Why does that always happen?  Do they plan it?

Bible study went great this morning though.  Lots of ladies came, and we started to learn about inductively studying the Bible.  It was great.

But, then after everyone got up from naps and rests in the afternoon, I was at it again . . .

"Stop tickling your sister while she's trying to eat!"
"No, I won't push you down the sidewalk on your bike."
"Oh no, we forgot your 20 minutes of reading today!"
"There's no need to have a melt down about getting your Buzz Lightyear costume off, just ask me to help you!"

Yikes!  It was one of those days!  The day is never so long or so hard that I don't love watching their nightly wrestling matches.  Maybe it comes from being an only child, but I get a huge kick out of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment