Tuesday, July 26, 2011

a moment in motherhood

Hello again from Fort Collins, CO!  Our conference is wrapping up.  The best word to describe my feelings is bittersweet.  It's so fun to be out here seeing friends and I've learned so much, but I am READY FOR MY OWN BED AND MY OWN PILLOW TOP MATTRESS! 

This evening we took a side trip down the highway to Denver to see some friends.  The meeting place was CB & Potts, a very yummy restaurant, kid friendly with a welcome sign advertising 3 huge cupcakes on it (my kind of welcome!)  Entering the restaurant my first thought was "it's cold in here!" -  92 outside but 92 below in here.  Thankfully I had brought a sweater, so I instantly put it on. 

I seated myself in between my kiddos, excited for some time with them since the conference has kept us away from them more than I've liked.  After Little Guy and Sweet Girl devour their mac and cheese, Little Guy keeps leaning against me saying "mommy, it's cold."  After hearing this sentence about 5 times, it occurs to me that I am wearing a sweater.  I have a moral dilemma often faced in parenting.  My Little Guy is cold and this sweater would surely warm him up, but gosh darn it, I'm cold too!  What to do?  I'm happy to say that I did give my sweet son my sweater, which made him feel much better, but sad to admit that I even had to think about it.   

Here's a pic of Little Guy looking very becoming in my ages old black sweater from Banana Republic . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment