Wednesday, July 13, 2011

the family who doesn't do anything . . . oh wait.

I can only describe the last couple of days as stress, stress, and more stress.  We're getting ready to go out to Campus Crusade's bi-annual national staff conference on Friday after just having been here 10 days since our last trip up to Virginia.  One of my goals for the summer has been to be more "present" especially with the kids.  It's so easy to be doing something else like looking on the computer, looking at my phone, straightening up than to sit and just "be" with my family.  I'm not saying I've done a great job at all, but that's been my summer goal.  Of course, it's really hard to just sit and "be" when you have to get yourself and 2 little people ready for a 12 day trip (thankfully my wonderful husband knows how to pack himself!)  So, after a day of accomplishing a trip to the gym, having a house full of kids, 2 appointments, and major packing, I said, "Blair there is nothing for dinner . . ."  So, off we went to IHOP where kids eat free with an adult meal purchase.  This is us de-stressing in the car on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment